The Backup feature in Facebook allows you to download your complete profile to your computer. This feature will backup all your messages, wall posts, photos, status updates and profile information. Please note that not all Facebook accounts are activate with this feature. So don’t panic if you don’t see it your Account Settings, just check back later to see if it has been integrated into your account.
How to Backup Your Facebook Account
1. Start by log in into your Facebook Account.
2. Drop down the “Arrow” button next to the “Home” button
3. On the drop down menu, choose “Account Settings”
4. Click on the link “Download your information”.
5. Next the “Download Your Information” window will open.
6. Click on the “Start My Archive” button to begin the down load.
7. Next, the “Request My Download” dialog box will appear.
8. Click the “Okay” button to be begin the download
9. Next, A pending message will appear in the middle of the screen.
10. Facebook will email you once the download is ready to be retrieved. Once you receive this email you can download you backup file to your computer.