A restore point is a stored state of your computer’s system files. You can use a restore point to restore your computer’s system files to an earlier point in time. Restore points are automatically created by System Restore weekly and when System Restore detects the beginning of a change to your computer, such as when you install a program or a driver.
Here is how to manually create a system restore point.
1. Click on the Start button
2. Right-clicking Computer on start menu, and then click on Properties.
3. Click on System protection. located on the left side of the screen
4. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
5. Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.
6. In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.