Picasa is a free photo editor from Google. It is one of my favorite free editors out there. Here are instructions on how to download Picasa. Look along the right side of my website under, “Picasa” in the Newsletter Categories for more tips on using Picasa.
1. Go to the website http://picasa.google.com/ (just click on this link 🙂 )
2. Click on the Download Picasa button
3. The Open File – Security Warning dialog box appears
4. Click on the Run button, and wait for the file to download.
5. At this point you may be prompted by your virus program to confirm the download of this program. You will need to confirm the download to continue.
6. Now you will be see the Picasa 3 Setup dialog box.
7. You will need to click the “I Agree” button to begin the installation process.
8. Next the Picasa 3 Setup – Choose Install Location dialog box appears.
9. Click the “Install button”, the location is set for the standard for windows programs.
10. When the installation is complete you will see the next dialog box.
11. On the Picasa 3 Setup – Completing the Picasa 3 Setup dialog box appear. The two check boxes are what I recommend for use of the program. You are free to make your own selection if you like, but again this is what I recommend.
12. Click the Finish button. And now you are ready to use Picasa.
Happy Photo Editing with Picasa. ~~ Again, look along the right side of my website under, “Picasa” in the Newsletter Categories for more tips on using Picasa.