Facebook has email notifications that will send you a message on a variety of activities that occur on Facebook. For example, you can receive an email every time someone posts a comment on your “wall”, or tags you in a picture. Here is how to change those settings:
Starting with Facebook Open:
1. Click on the Home Button in the top right corner of the screen
2. Select the Account Settings link on the menu
3. Facebook starts with the General Account Settings displayed
4. Click on the Notifications link on the left side of the screen
5. Click on the Edit link across from Facebook
5. All the different email notification category will appear
6. Check off the notifications you would like to receive. You can also uncheck any notifications that you do not want.
7. When you are done, click on the Save Changes button
8. You can now return to Facebook, by click on your name on the bar across the top of the screen.